I have started the 108 Sun Salutations Challenge and so far I have only gotten up to 54. Mainly because I just feel like that is enough. Please join us at the Community House for our Embodied Awareness sessions at 11:11 Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. We have been listening to Rudolf Steiner's How to Know Higher Worlds while stretching. My favorite part though, is that after the stretching we have spent time sharing our thoughts on the book. It is kind of like an embodied book club!
For those engaging in the 108 Sun Salutations challenge who are wanting a way to keep count that may be more meaningful than simply trying to hold a number in your head, I have adapted the prayer of St Francis of Assisi as utilized in the Meditation on Twin Hearts into 27 phrases. Each phrase should be meditated on for one Sun Salutation cycle.
1. Lord, make me an instrument of your peace (feel yourself an instrument, a clear channel)
2. That where there is darkness (sense any darkness in the world-- feel the desire to change it)
3. Let me sow light (feel yourself a beam of light, light flowing out of each fingertip, from the tip of your toes to the top of your head, you are light)
4. That where there is sadness (feel the sadness of those you love, know it can be taken from them)
5. Let me sow joy (feel the joy of all those miracles in your life)
6. That where there is doubt (feel the way doubt holds us back from standing in our abilities, from living in the world we desire)
7. Let me sow faith (feel yourself and all those around you let go of their doubt and stand as open vessels for God's truth to flow through)
8. That where there is despair (feel the despair, care enough to want to change this)
9. Let me sow hope (know that hope is the start of the process of moving towards the light).
10. May every person, every being be blessed (send blessings to the world, every being large and small, even in the higher and lower worlds)
11. With divine LIGHT (sense the light of knowledge, this is your crown chakra)
12. With divine LOVE (feel your heart chakra opening and blessing the world)
13. With divine POWER (feel your solar plexus chakra filled with power, this is our good action in the world, see yourself and other people doing good things together to make the world a better place).
14. May every person every being be blessed (bless the world).
15. With a better life (see the lives of everyone around you becoming better and better).
16. Lord help me seek not to be consoled (help me to let go of seeking solice, let go of self-pity)
17. As to console (see yourself comforting others).
18. To be loved (see yourself letting go of the desperate need for others affections and attentions, knowing that you are love)
19. As to love (open yourself as a channel of love, as you send love out into the world know you are a channel of God's divine love).
20. To be understood (let go of needing to be right, of needing others to see things your way, of needing others to understand you).
21. As to understand (see yourself listening deeply to others, understanding them, and understanding the whole big picture of our shared purpose).
22. For it is in giving (see yourself giving generously of yourself in all areas of your life)
23. That we receive (see how your giving comes back to you many many times as you become a channel for all that you give, including money. Money flows to and through you to do and bring more goodness into the world * you may focus on your basic chakra here as it is associated with financial and material wellbeing)
24. It is in forgiving (see yourself letting go of old hurts and truly forgiving those who have hurt you knowing we are all here to learn and grow)
25. That we are forgiven (see how your letting go opens up to seeing our connectedness, how we all help each other grow).
26. It is in dying (see the material world for what it is, how it is temporary)
27. We are born into eternal peace (see how the spiritual world is eternal).
This sequence can be performed 4 times in order to complete the 108 Sun Salutations.
Here is a great video from Anita Moorjani.